Wednesday, February 29, 2012

LOVE IS THE GREATEST


LOVE IS THE GREATEST




If i could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or clanging cymbal. 
If I had a gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing.
If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud, or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 
It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever truth wins out.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!
Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only a part of the whole picture. 
But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.
When I was a child, I spoke and reasoned like a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 
Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see with perfect clarity. All that I know partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me completely.
Three things will last forever -faith, hope and love, and the greatest of this is love.
From the first book of Apostle Paul to the church of Corinth in Greece.


________________


For more than a decade ever since I have heard God's calling I have laid my life on the line for others. Others means those who are in need materially, emotionally and spiritually. I do not say that I am rich and able, or wise and strong, and definitely not perfect when I followed that voice. But when I started pursuing the call not only me but my whole family has also given up what was ours for the love of God.

Through the years, as we have truly understood who they are, who are those people whom God has commissioned to us. As we grow together we learned to reason together, and it has helped me to understand their pure ways and sufferings. I have seen once too many imperfections in them that somehow affected me but it was also a constant reminder to me that I have my own share too. For this I have learn to accept, forgive, let go, and most of all love them as my own. Since then the following pages of our lives were written together. We tried to live with them and be like them for the reason of love and the desire of empathy.

Love is a pure and is a holy word. It is hard to understand yet it is available for everyone, for freely God has given it to us when He breath the breath of life from the very start of time. We are just confused sometimes of what it truly means and applies it on different purpose apart from God's true purpose.

Without pure love it will be hard to understand why we are called for others. Without pure love we will not understand humility and sacrifice. Without pure love we will not know how to forgive and let go. Without pure love we will not know how to reach out with holiness. Without pure love it will be hard to ask for forgiveness and be forgiven in return.

Today, we remain in that calling -to love, to help, to understand, to forgive. There are times when it gets rough and we fumble, we falter, we miss. But we can remain for our God is love, and His love is beyond fathom. Too great is His love for us!

I can only write of this things, but I am humbled continuously of the vast greatness God has in our lives. I am not worthy, not anyone is worthy of this. And I honor Him as I subject myself fully to Him and him alone, for He is my true Master and Him I will serve to the very last beat of my heart.

________________


“Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. 
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 
so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” 
Matthew 6:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment