Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Journey Under The Beacon Light


The Journey Under The Beacon Light
by Pastor Ernie Catanghal





As we travel on life's highway we come face to face with the profoundness of our limited earthly existence. Sometimes we allow the journey to takes the center stage and consume the essence of our own commission. 

We get exposed to the heat of the sun, the pouring of the rain, and the coldness of the night. We are tossed by winding roads, slowed down by mountains and hills, pushed beyond our control by downhills, shaken by rocks, bumps and potholes.


Frequently confused by turns, crossroads and of byways, and discouraged and disillusioned by the long and seemingly never ending stretch. At times we are dazed by the wide horizon that overwhelms our vision, taking away our focus and orientation.

And not to miss being confronted by other travelers along the way. Some has inspired us to draw along their direction while some lured us to their lost ways.
Then we found ourselves off our own track.

But there is always a Beacon, a guiding light to us that we may not falter. The beacon doesn't want us to see the things around for us to lose direction but rather to know where we are and that we are not alone and not everyone is travelling on the same direction. It shines steadily on our way for us to see the whole picture of the master plan, and navigate on the only one and perfect course.

Not all knows where to go. Not all understands why to go. And for those who knows and understand not all are willing to go.


I am called by my name by that Great Beacon. It has humbled me and showed me the journey I have to take. And it has showed me those around me who are lost, weary and uselessly wandering to guide them if not to carry them to the lighted path of redemption.

Today, I still travel on this road called life. I admit sometimes I go sidetracked and find myself in dark corners that throws nothing on me but anguish and disbelief. If not for that Beacon I may have exhausted nothing but waste. So from the bottom I look up and fix my eyes on that Beacon and follow where it leads me. To do what is meant under its illumination.


"It's an inner healing to be reminded by God of who you are and how you are called, to know well the divine purpose of your existence."



Thank you Lord for leading and embracing me.




2 comments:

  1. We can't please everybody, as even Jesus suffered so much persecution. Accusations was thrown at Him left and right, yet He did what he must do. Thank you for the Beacon for showing me where I should stand, where I should travel. Even in painful moments its light comforts us. May I continue to focus on Him and Him alone. I do not belong to the world and I must keep pressing on.

    ReplyDelete